So far, we’ve managed to explore 137 countries. Quite a few of those we’ve visited more than once, and some we’ve actually lived in for a while. This part of the website is a collection of those memories, experiences, and lessons learned.
Note that this part of the website is a work in progress. With 137 countries to document, many of which we visited pre-internet, it will take a while to get all our thoughts down, collate all our pics, and ensure the details are updated.
We often get asked which place is our favorite. But that’s way too hard to answer because every place has its highlights and reasons to visit. ..I guess you could say…it’s the next one. But honestly, every traveler’s experience is unique, and we encourage you to find your own path. If the advice and resources we provide help you to do that, so much the better. We’re more than happy to help.
So, without further ado, let’s get you started.
There are a few ways to search out the places you might be interested in.
Number 1 – You can select “Destinations” on the menu bar at the top of this page. (Condensed to three lines top right on mobile devices). You’ll then see a list of continents and regions with the different countries nested within.
Number 2 – Head to the map below and click on one of the highlighted countries. Zoom right in if it’s one of the smaller destinations (like islands in the Caribbean)
Number 3 – Head to the bottom of the page and type the destination in the search bar. The relevant country page will appear first, followed by all the blog posts containing our stories and relevant tips and information. Unless you know exactly what you’re looking for, start at the country page and go from there.
When you get to the specific continent/region or country page, you will find:
- A “fast facts” section with basic info about that destination – including a link to the latest visa and entry requirements.
- A map highlighting points of interest.
- A gallery containing some fantastic pictures for inspiration (In progress)
- A recommended list of places to see and things to do. Admittedly, this list reflects our bias…and for larger destinations, these highlights will be just a tiny selection of the things to do and see…but it’s a start, and you’ll find more resources later on the page to help you expand that list. (in progress.)
- A summary of our experience in that destination and, where available, links to our blog posts about that part of the world. As you can see from the map, we visited quite a few countries long before the internet and blogging were a thing. All those tales are documented in notebooks – safely locked in a container in Australia. But we’ll try and document our memories as soon as we can.
- A list of tours in the region for those who prefer not to go it alone.
- Links to a range of other resources that will help you plan a fantastic trip to that part of the world.
If you have any questions, feedback, or tips for us, don’t hesitate to contact us by leaving a comment below or through our contact page.
🧭 Happy exploring! 🛫
Disclosure: Note that some of the links and advertisements on this page lead to products from our partners. If you buy something after using those links, we may earn a small commission from the sale. However, you have our assurance that you won’t pay any more than you would by buying directly from their site. And we promise that we don’t link to products or companies we haven’t used ourselves or had close friends, family, or travel buddies recommend. You may also see other links served to you by Google. These will display products that Google thinks you want to see. If you click on those advertisements, we also get paid a small (minuscule) amount. If you want to know more about how you help to fund our travels without costing you a cent – then CLICK THIS LINK for a more comprehensive explanation.