Brand New Partners – Bookings.com, Wild Earth, Amazon and the Oxfam Shop
While we’ve been peddling across Australia we’ve been setting up some great new partnerships with companies we use and would be happy to recommend to our friends, family and all our other regular readers. So far we’ve been focussed on cycling and travel partners but there are other things we rely on during our travels and impact on our lives. I think a lot of you are a bit confused about what we mean by partners and how the whole thing works. Basically:
- We apply to partner with companies we know are good value
- They evaluate www.catchourtravelbug.com and if they like the site they allow us to put their advertisements on our pages and notify us of special deals, sometimes with promotions codes.
- We put their advertisements on our site and publicise any great deals (when we get time to post)
- Anyone who clicks through an ad on our site leaves a trail that tags Catch Our Travel Bug as the entry point to the sale
- We receive a small (very small…!!) commission without costing you guys any extra and you get access to specials you might not otherwise know about. the company benefits by having a low cost avenue to advertise on a site with who are interested in their product category.
- If you buy regularly from a particular company, you don’t have to REVISIT our website every time you want to order. Just bookmark the link the first time you visit the site and the tag to our site will remain current each time you use that link.
So here’s just a couple of the new partners.
Booking.com– Gives you big savings on hotels in 80,000 destinations worldwide. We’ve used these guys quite a bit over the years, especially where there are no hostels. Bookings.com says they guarantee the best prices for every type of property, from small, family-run bed and breakfasts to executive apartments and five-star luxury suites. Each day, over 500,000 room nights are reserved on Booking.com. I can’t say that’s accurate 100% but we have gotten really good deals when we’ve used them, including a studi0 apartment in Dubai (A/C, kitchenette, gym, pool) for less than $35/night.
Wild Earth – We’ve been trying to work out how to be partners with these guys since the very beginning. We bought most of our camping gear through them and their prices and service were exceptional. Can’t recommend them enough.
Amazon – What can’t you buy from Amazon is more the question. Books, books and more books, electronics, clothes and music. Amazon is one of the most reliable ways to buy online and will deliver worldwide.
So there you go. Just a few of our new affiliates. We’ve got quite a few more in the pipeworks and hope to have some specials pages up soon. Meantime we have quite a few hills to climb tomorrow and our account of our ride along the Great Ocean Road to publish. Until then, happy shopping.